The Old Saybrook Light sits at the end of a stone jetty at the mouth of the Connecticut River. This light was built in 1838 to augment the Lynde Point light. It is a 50 foot high, cast iron tower. Originally, the tower housed a fifth order lens, but was upgraded to a 4th order lens in 1890.
Notice the window treatments to the windows of the tower.
The lens on the light is plastic and flashes a green light every six seconds.
The light was last refurbished in 1996, costing $64,000. This was the first time the light had been painted since 1982.